A crucial branch of the Ghana Legacy Honors is the Ghana Legacy Scholarship Program, where a portion of the proceeds from the awards gala will go towards supporting the education of brilliant Ghanaian students. As the Ghana Legacy Honors celebrate the achievements of the past and present, the scholarship program sows the seeds of future achievements by supporting the education of the many young Ghanaians who have already demonstrated the aptitude and determination to carry the nation’s legacy into the future.
Students who meet the following criteria may apply:
- Must be of Ghanaian decent (Biological mother or father must have roots from Ghana)
- Must come from a low-income family (Definition varies based on country of residence)
- Must provide proof of high scholastic standard (i.e.Transcript; 3.5 Grade Point Average based on a 4.0 scale)
- Must be accepted or enrolled into an accredited College or University
- Must be working on an undergraduate degree
- Must be under the age of 31 by 6th March of each calendar year